Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Monday, February 18, 2013

Euro's


Other than ebay it is really hard to find a good Euro cover here in Canada.  I have been looking for a very long time and nothing made me happy.  I wanted something that would work with the greys and blues in my living room but was a pattern I could live with. 

I was walking through a store the other day and found a shower curtain in a pattern I love and set to work sewing.

`
It beautifully blends the colours in my living room and is soft enough to not be jarring. 

I especially love the view from behind the couch.


I wanted to sew but I am never good at the zipper and quit trying years ago, so instead I made a pocket.  Trial and error has taught me to do a low pocket so that it is easier to get the pillow in. It also shows better from behind.


(not pretty I know!)
It's an easy trick and it works for me and my limited sewing skills.


I had to show this itty bitty orchid which is about 8 inches tall and came with the teeny tiny pot (with fleur de lis on it).  I found it at Home Depot and have never seen such a small orchid.  It is just charming.  The mirrored lamp has a black shade but I just quickly wrapped in in gift wrap which hides the black well.

Patricia


10 comments:

  1. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Post. All readers will definitely like this post. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete