Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Monday, June 4, 2012

A Disparate Group

I needed to store my Domino magazine's, some books and other items in my room and I didn't want it to look like a "bookshelf".  I had to take into consideration that the phone was attached to the area, the shelf is "open" & I still wanted it to look nice.



It also had to work in my new find. 

I love this shelf, with it's vintage look and fabulous corbels. As soon as I saw it I grabbed it because I had been perusing vintage corbels on ebay for years & never purchasing because shipping would break me.

This is a good luck shelf as well, a nice man asked me out for coffee with this in my cart - best day ever at Home Sense!

Doesn't it look vintage?


To break up the top I added a this little shelf for some texture.



With magazines and books below it satisfied my need for storage while looking beautiful.




Sorry for the long delay in posting, yard work, painting a new fence, putting in a garden & job hunting has taken my time lately. 

Cheers,
Patricia

2 comments:

  1. Very nice combination! That corbel shelf definitely looks vintage. Neddless to say I love white too! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete