Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Last fall I purchased a large mirror at a local antique store and was content to leave it as is. http://whitecottagechic.blogspot.ca/2011/10/change.html


Then the brown started to really grate on me.  It doesn't fit in with any of my colours and it's just brown plastic with faux gold on it (ahh the 70's).  I started to research and discovered Apple Box Boutique (www.AppleBoxBoutique.com)  in Edmonton sells Annie Sloan Chalk Paint &  I knew right away what I wanted to do.

I met Leanne at Apple Box who uses the paint and she explained how to use it & showed me all the colours.  If you are interested in this paint Leanne is the person to speak to.    What I love about it is that you can mix the colours to get what you want and it won't turn muddy.  I wanted a french blue grey.


So I purchased Paris Grey & Louis Blue.  I mixed starting with the grey and then added the blue until I found what I was looking for.

I just painted one coat and left some of the faux gold exposed.



I wanted to see how it turned out before deciding on a wax & now that I have seen it I will use a matte clear wax.  I had originally thought I would age it more but I think it's perfect.


It hangs above a marble table and the mirror looks very french now.



You know when you are so happy with how something turns out that you can't wait to wake up and see it in the morning light?  Well that was me with this mirror.


It's making me wonder why I didn't do this sooner. Now I'm looking for grey/blue pillows to add to my couch.



Happy Easter

Patricia


7 comments:

  1. The mirror turned out so pretty...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that gray mirror is lovely. thanks for showing us all your pretty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mirror is beautiful. Love its makeover. I can see why you wake up and want to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your custom mix of Paris Grey and Louis Blue, Patricia. Your mirror is just perfect... so French-inspired! (And I completely agree... AS Chalk Paint makes me want to makeover everything in sight. It should come with a disclaimer *lol)

    Happy Easter!
    ~Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sp glad I read this post. I have been thinking the same thing about my gold mirror but wasn't sure if I should paint it. Yours looks great. Now that I have seen yours, I am painting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia, what a difference the Annie Sloan paint made to the look of your mirror. You did a gorgeous job and you are right; it does look like a french mirror now. My favorite photo is the one of the mirror close-up with the reflection of your space inside it. It looks like the mirror now fits perfectly in your space.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia...this is beautiful!!
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete