Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Great Design

Happy New Year!  I'm back from Vegas and had a great time.  It was an amazing place with so much to see.  We walked so much every day that our feet always hurt.  What's so interesting about Vegas is that such a modern place has chosen so much classical architecture.  It should be boxy hotels but it's very European. 


Not a detail has been skipped.



I love the french influence.




There are moments in a beautiful place like this when you forget your in Las Vegas.  This was in the Bellagio Hotel right by a little cafe where I paid $8.00 for a chocolate eclair for my daughter!

The Bellagio, Caesars, and Wynn were all breathtaking.  The entrance to Wynn made me a little homesick for a moment. 



Pine Trees!!  A rare sight in Vegas.  It was beautiful to see things I never had like Chanel at Christmas,



and a polar bear covered in white carnations.


In Wynn we went into a little cafe with marble tables, great salad, a waterfall out the door  and the most interesting thing on the walls. 

these rosettes were all over the walls and the ceiling.  It was difficult to get a shot with people in and out trying to get food. These rosettes would be amazing painted a different colour (hello white!!).

Next blog will be on chandeliers (amazing) and some more of  the amazing Christmas decorations that we saw. 

Until next time,
Patricia

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and welcome back. Looks like you had a fabulous holiday! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why I like to go to Vegas...just to look at the architecture and signs and decor. Love the atrium at the Bellagio. I haven't been in awhile and it's really been a long time since I was there at Christmas...I'd like to go again soon. I could care less about gambling. I just like the shopping, eating and looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your back!!!! I'm so excited to hear more about your trip and the shopping. Did you find some amazing things? Well of coarse you did!!! 2011 is going to be a good year - i chopped off 18 inches of my hair today - i needed a change for the new year to come! You are going to have a great year - the worst has already passed :) Let me know when your free for lunch or coffee or SHOPPING!

    ReplyDelete